Yawn...

Was driving from Bukit Batok back home. Along the Bukit Gombak stretch, there was roadworks all over, and most of the cars ended up in single file. Traffic lights turned red, and my car was behind a van.

Half way waiting for the traffic lights, I fell asleep and my leg started leaving the brake pedal. The car inched forward, till it touched the van in front, which instantaneously woke me up. Was half expecting the van owner to come out and hurl curses at me. I reversed the car a little, and noticed that no damage was done to the van. Instead of stopping, he drove forward, turned left and then sped off. Good thing for me was that the only thing that had any signs of damage was some cracks on my car number plate.

Moral of the story, don't drive when you're tired. Or have someone continuously talk or sing to you when you're sleepy. Or set your car to 'Park' when it's stationary. Rather get horned for being slow to move off than having to get the car assessed, file a report and then get the car repaired.

2 comments:

adriantai said...

maybe it was the van that backed onto you?!?

Phenom said...

That's what an optimist would think... but sometimes u just know it la..