Phew.....The End...

Conference ended today... all in all I guess it was a fruitful experience. Met some nice people. The Koreans were exceptionally nice.... their director was a charismatic character who exhumed confidence while being totally humble. The two other Koreans were 30 and 35 in age. Once was like a Deputy Director at 30, but had a little bit of problem conversing in English. The other was 35 and could communicate pretty well. I guess these are guys I could keep in touch with.

Then there was the Australian and New Zealand reps, who were just pure accomodating. When I requested for some info, they automatically responded with tons of explanations. The Australian rep even whipped up a couple of books and passed it to us on the spot. The Japanese chap seemed a bit young. He looked like one of the leads from "Death Note", but I guess he had to keep his cool, because he was representing Japan and he was the only one there.

My Singaporean counterparts were no less warm. They were trying for the past 3 days to make me do public speaking. They tried so hard to make me speak. Once, they tried and I looked at the chairman and said "Me no know English" "Me from China"..... everyone broke out in laughter and the chair from Korea automatically got my hint and pointed at the Phillipines rep. Round 2 and they were ready to try again. Once more, the Korean Director timely assisted. Before they could say a word, he announced that New Zealand had volunteered to present. Phew. Safe...

I guess all in all, they were all pretty nice people. No one (except the Indonesian perhaps) showed airs or flaunted their designations. I guess its not all that bad....

Afetr all, at 4pm, I was allowed to go home...

No comments: