Conference at Home

Yap... I'm in KL... in a cybercafe that costs RM2 per hour... yep....thats S$1!!! Wonder how they make money leh...

Conference was really....educational. By educational I actually mean goddammed boring. Imagine this, you're sitting in a room, where the youngest (minus yourself) is probably in his late 40s. You're looking at a speaker from a neighbouring country, presenting on what his country is doing... like they is setting up x committees, putting up y guidelines, linking up with z collaborating centres.. yada yada yada... like I care..

Then I yawn, and realise that no one else is in "sleepy" mode... everyone seems to be on "intently listening" mode. So I grab a few mentos and dump them in my mouth... and those two guys sitting beside me start laughing at the number of sweet wrappers on my table...

Then the entire day, other than listening, the only fruitful thing I do is hold a camera, point it at either one of the 2 guys, and shoot them when they present. How I wish I could use a gun instead of a camera. Hahahaa...

Ok...so the day ends...and the number of delegates I actually bothered to speak to can be counted in one hand. One Indonesian Director that looks like Maitreya Buddha, the Singaporean professor which we had lunch with, the Malaysian guy which came in second after me this morning, the Sri Lankan guy sitting beside me, err...errr...errr....wow... less than one hand...

No lunch provided either, so we ended up eating at Jalan Alor, and since all the other shops were closed, the only thing left was a shop selling wanton noodle...

The evening fare was much much better... the yam dumpling was fantabulous... yummm....

Too bad cannot ta pao...if no I bring some back for you guys... hahahha....

Yucks...tomorrow morning have to get up at 530am again, to beat the traffic... dam...

No comments: