Basket red tape..

*&^*#%@$#@&^%$%$#$^

A temp staff friend asked me for help to get his other temp staff buddy a n95 mask. His buddy wasn't feeling well since yesterday, and should've been given one the day before.

I went over to a guy who gave out masks yesterday and asked if he had any masks left to spare. He had quite a bit of spares but insisted to go to ask his colleague if he had surgical masks. That colleague he approached said that he should just issue a n95 mask. If there are insufficient masks, he would go to the upper floor to get more.

So we went back to this guy's cubicle to get the n95 mask. When we reached his cubicle, he made a remark that he was just giving out masks for his department, and he was doing us a favor by giving us staff from another department the masks. He then added that we had a rep, but the rep is in another office, so we must have another rep from our department to give out the masks. At that point, I asked a question. If say I was the rep, where would I get the masks from? And the answer was in front of his cubicle %$#%#@$!#$@!#$@%$. What's the diff if he gave out the mask or someone else gave out the mask???

It's not like I am getting something which costs like hundreds of dollars, or something expensive that requires justification. It's just a mask. Regretted asking. Should have just gone downstairs and bought one for my friend's friend.

Seriously, I have nothing against the guy who gave out the masks, he was probably just doing his job. But I'm just really appalled by how rigid and idiotic things are at work...

No comments: